Entertainment & Singing
Sandy Bigara has over 20 years experience on stage, as a Theatre Director and Vocal Coach, She has a "clear and classy" sounding spoken voice, and comes equipped with all of our own Sound and Lighting Equipment.
Sandy Bigara was an active MC/Host and Demo Chef "The Singing Chef" for The Good Food & Wine Show South Africa, and MC'd events at City View Mall, Taste of Durban and in extensive Educational Road Shows across KZN, before arriving on the Central Coast, NSW in May of 2015.
What can we do for you?
1) Singer/Entertainer - Humour, Raconteur, Music (Entertainment of guests during your event on Piano / Guitar & Vocals, provision of sound and lighting)
2) MC - Master of Ceremonies (Entertainment of guests during your event, provision of sound and lighting)
3) Weddings - Service (Religious or non-Religious song for aisle and/or Signing of the register)
4) Weddings - Pre-Reception Canapes (Entertainment while photographs are being taken, gentle relaxing ambient music on Piano & Vocals)
5) School Entertainment - Edutainment (I have a multitude of funny show options for school children ages Kindy and up to Year 7. I have my Working with children certificate)
6) Choral Training - School or community choir projects (I can assist with teaching and training choirs vocally to optimise their sound and work on their strengths. Perfect for training for competitions.)
7) Vocal Training - Group classes training in the Bel Canto method. (I have taught music since 1999)
8) Motivational Speaker - Schools, Churches, Events (I have an inspiring life story, having overcome great adversity and abuse #WomenPower #Forgiveness #Determination)
To enquire about rates and availability please Contact Us for further assistance.
From her first piano composition at the age of four, Sandy has written over 40 classical pieces, three of which have been performed by the KZN Provincial Choir (KZNYC) and over 80 contemporary pieces. She travelled to Australia in December 2009 and had the pleasure of informally performing songs from her album ‘Braveman’ for people there, ‘Braveman’ are a set of autobiographical songs written during the period 2008 – 2009 when Sandy almost lost her Husband to a MVA and they subsequently lost their home/car and her husband was in and out of ICU for a year. “I could not imagine my life without music, music was my crutch during a very dark time, and now I sing with my children every single day. We sing about the weather, our food, about what day we’re having… music is a big part of our lives...” says Sandy, she has survived insurmountable odds, a survivor of woman and child abuse Sandy has used music as an artistic platform form to heal wounds and focus her energies.
Sandy is a classically trained singer with a reputation for control and focus. With average scores of A+ in singing competitions Sandy brings a level of grace to each song she performs. Her quirky self deprecating humour appeals to all ages, as she shares tidbits of her life story, adventures, the mayhem that is associated with ‘arty types’ and lots of laughs are on the cards. “One thing I tell my audiences is that rehearsing is really, quite hard for me – the moment I sit down my daughter climbs up my back and sits on my shoulders, patting my head in time to the music!” she says. Sandy also shares funny moments that she has experienced with her audiences “I had an elderly couple sitting right in front of me the one night. At the end of the show I spoke to them and said how their love had encouraged me so much. I asked them ‘so how long have you two been married?’ and the very elderly gentleman replied ‘We’re not married! We’re having an affair!... shocked!”
After 9 years as a Natal Representative for singing, and after touring Europe as Assistant Conductor of the Kwa-Zulu Natal Youth Choir, Sandy enrolled at the Marc Poupard School of Music where she was fully trained as a Bella Canto singer specializing in Aria Antiche, Art Song and Folk Song. She received an award from the Italian Consulate for her efforts in the Aria Category of the Queensburgh Eisteddfod and was the title holder of the Aria Antiche Trophy awarded by the Societa Dante Alighieri in Durban. She was invited as a special guest to a Master Class with Emma Rienzi at UKZN Opera Studio. For a short time she studied under Senior Lecturer, Coleen Philp, of the Opera Studio and Choral Academy at UKZN. Sandy also had the honour of teaching a voice class at the Choral Academy; she has a passion for vocal and musical growth and has performed multiple genres, Jazz, RnB, Hip Hop, Pop, and Gospel...only a select few have heard her Yodel! She is currently performing over 300 contemporary and classical hits, as well as a set of her own compositions for theatre, corporate or restaurant functions.
Sandy currently lives in Gosford, New South Wales, Australia.